Simont Braun’s Restructuring and Insolvency team assists both private individuals (e.g. directors and managers) and corporates finding solutions through all distressed situations. We act for the company in distress, the company directors, creditors, investors, shareholders, or any other stakeholders.
Given our experience, we developed a sound and comprehensive strategic understanding of our clients’ needs. We aim to provide creative and hands-on assistance in these complicated, time-sensitive and sometimes politically tense situations.
Large expertise covering all aspects
Our Restructuring and Insolvency team has ample capabilities in insolvency, combined with expertise in finance law, corporate law and litigation. This comprehensive approach allows us to assist our clients in all legal issues related to an insolvency procedure or a restructuring situation.
We provide a complete range of services and advise our clients on legal issues relating to:
- sureties, real and personal guarantees (i.e. sureties over dematerialised or registered shares, sureties over accounts or in cash, mortgage, mortgage warrants, bail bonds, etc.)
- assignment of debt, compensation and netting
- directors’ liability
- assisting trustees, bankruptcy receivers or other insolvency professionals;
- creditors or insolvent companies in litigation cases (bankruptcy proceedings, liquidation proceedings or judicial reorganisation proceedings)
- debt recovery, enforcement actions and debt restructuring (haircuts)
- distressed M&A
Cross border restructuring and insolvency
We have been assisting clients active in the private and public sector in complex cross border restructurings and insolvency cases.
With this broad national and international experience, we offer a tailor-made assistance in line with the client’s business, needs and strategy.