Legal assistance in capital markets
We offer strategic guidance and assist in drafting the documentation for all types of offerings and placements. This includes notably IBO / SPO, (convertible) bond issues, stock option plans, takeover bids, squeeze out and delisting transactions. On public takeover bids in Belgium, see our book “Les offres publiques d’acquisition – 10 ans d’application de la règlementation” (Larcier, 2018).
We regularly interact with the FSMA and other supervisory bodies. We also have close contacts with Euronext Brussels.
Tailored services for listed entities
Belgian listed entities are subject to various specific regulations such as companies laws, corporate governance regulations, public offerings, market abuse regulations, information and transparency requirements, accounting rules, etc.
We assist listed entities and their shareholders on all potential issues relating to their specific status:
- Advising on regulations for public and private offerings
- Advising on and drafting prospectuses and other documents relating to initial and secondary public offerings (IPO-SPO), to issues of (convertible) bond issues and other financial instruments
- Advising and preparing prospectuses for public takeover bids, squeeze-outs and delisting transactions
- Drafting and reviewing agreements with underwriters and other service providers
- Advising on and preparing documentation relating to employee shareholdings (stock option plans and other forms of incentive plans)
- Monitoring and advising on compliance with regulations applying to listed entities including market abuse (MAR), information and transparency requirements, marketing rules, MTFs and OTFs.