Simont Braun assists a wide range of operators during all stages of their infrastructure projects, in their manufacturing activities and distribution arrangements, ranging from conception to implementation including labelling and advertising. Our teams assist clients in transactions, negotiations and dispute resolution in a variety of legal fields: intellectual property, e-commerce, trade practices, consumer protection, labelling and information requirements, corporate, M&A, governance, real estate transactions, environment and health issues, lease contracts, tax law and other matters of general economic law.
Wide experience for all actors in the sector:
- Assistance relating to trademarks and geographical name protection for beverages, food products, and restaurant and catering services at the European and Belgian levels (also in Belgian administrative proceedings and EU approvals regarding geographical names);
- Support to manufacturers and importers for setting up distribution networks with analysis of the merits of the specific risks and rules applicable, including competition law, VAT, transportation, warehousing and rack-jobbing;
- Assistance regarding labelling, marketing and advertising, including nutritional claims, contracts with agencies and host providers, negotiations with regulatory authorities, promotional POS techniques and sponsorship agreements;
- Assistance to manufacturers and importers relating to individual and collective purchase agreements and other delivery processes (including warning and recall issues);
- Assistance regarding commercial leases, business transfers and the restructuring of relations among shareholders or with suppliers.