Marc Baetens-Spetschinsky specialises in litigation before all Belgian courts, in particular before the Judicial Courts, including the Belgian Supreme Court (Cour de cassation/Hof van cassatie).
He is also an accredited mediator in civil and commercial matters.
He has gained substantial expertise in transport law (in particular air transport), both in its public and private aspects. Marc has in this regard solid experience in noise pollution disputes relating to air transport, both before the judicial courts and the Council of State. He also intervenes in matters related to civil liability (including public bodies’ liability) and insurance law.
He furthermore gives advice and assists/represents peers and bailiffs in complex procedural issues.
Marc has also been involved in academic activities on a longstanding basis. He has been a teaching assistant in constitutional law (UCL), administrative law (ULB) and introduction to law (ULB). Since 2010, he has been a member of Unité de Droit judiciaire de l’Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB’s judicial law unit). As a teaching assistant, he is regularly invited to speak at conferences on judicial law.
Marc is also a member of the Judicial law Commission for Journal des Juges de Paix.
He received the Georges Boels Pleading Prize in 2005.
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Saint-Louis, 1999)
- Master of Law (UCLouvain, 2002)
- Students Exchange program at the University of Ottawa (2002)
- Post-Master in Tax Law (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 2003)
- Member of the Brussels Bar since 2003
- Belgian Supreme Court Bar training and certification (2011)
- Mediation training in civil and commercial matters (2018)